To train competent technicians (Diploma level) by imparting knowledge, competencies and skills in the field of Mineral exploration and Mining geology through demanding practical based trading.
The Specific Objectives of the programme will be to provide that upon completion of the NTAL 6 programme technicians are expected to be able to:
- Describe basic components of geological, geochemical and geophysical methods and perform (without supervision) geological and geochemical sampling, and geophysical data acquisition in mineral exploration, mine development and mining;
- Describe the fundamentals of mining methods and perform (with supervision) basic mining and mineral processing activities.
- Support and assist experts in project designs, establish logical framework for project planning, implantation and monitoring in mineral exploration and mine development;
- Undertake field and laboratory analysis and tests of geological (rocks, and ore) and geochemical (rocks, cores, stream sediments and soil) samples;
- Apply remote sensing data and GIS to digitize and prepare geological maps and other maps in mineral exploration.
- Prepare basic reports for geological, geochemical and geophysical field activities in mineral deposits; drilling and logging activities in mineral exploration and mine development and underground water resources for the supervisor; and
- Describe and analyse policy, statutes, and related documents in the mining industry in Tanzania;
An applicant must have completed successfully the Technician Certificate (NTA Level 5) in Exploration and Mining Geology or its equivalent from NACTVET acredited institution with at least a 2.0GPA.
Semester I Modules
|Mining Geology and Grade
|Mining Methods and Operations
|Entrepreneurship and Business Practice
Semester II Modules
|Ore Reserve Estimations and Economic Geology
|Mine Safety And Environmental Management
|Application of Geology in Ground Water Exploration
|Mineral Sorting and Processing
|Final Year Project