All ESIS curricula are prepared as per NACTVET regulations and standards. ESIS through qualified consultant conducts Situational Analysis followed by writing a Situational Analysis report and then conducts Consultative workshop to bring together relevant stakeholders in the industry on question together to discuss and fine-tune the curricula draft. All stakeholders’ contributions and suggestions are incorporated to develop fine tuned curricula. The three documents, i.e. The Situational Analysis report, The Consultative workshop report and the curricula are all submitted to NACTE for validation.
In 2012 as stated earlier, ESIS in collaboration with NACTE (now NACTVET) and the stakeholders in Mining industry developed its own curricula for Exploration and Mining Geology NTAL4, 5 and 6 curricula. And again in September, 2014, ESIS in collaboration with NACTE and the stakeholders in Petroleum industry, developed a curricula in Petroleum Geology from NTAL4 to 6 NTAL4, 5 and 6. All curricula are validated by NACTVET.
In 2021, after a formal curricula review according to NACTVET regulations and standards, ESIS submmited six curricula for accreditations and all were respectively accredited and in use for respective courses.
The curricula accredited by NACTVET as follows:
- Curriculum for Basic Certificate in Exploration and Mining Geology – NTAL 4 (1 year)
- Curriculum for Basic Certificate in Petroleum Geology– NTAL 4 (1 year)
- Curriculum for Technician Certificate in Exploration and Mining Geology – NTAL 5 (1 year)
- Curriculum for Technician Certificate in Petroleum Geology– NTAL 5 (1 year)
- Curriculum for Ordinary Diploma in Exploration and Mining Geology – NTAL 6 (1 year)
- Curriculum for Ordinary Diploma in Petroleum Geology– NTAL 6 ( 1 year)
Application take place between March and September every year and enrollment process take place in August and September every year. Classes Begin early October every year
Application can be done through online, downloadable application forms or by hard copies of the application forms collected from the college or its agents’ offices throughout the country.
The minimum requirements are:
- Entry for NTAL4: Applicants must posses at least four (4) D passes from Certificate of Secondary Education Examination in non-religious subjects. Out of four (4) passes, two (2) must be from science subjects (Physics, Engineering science, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics and Geography). OR Passed NVTA L3 in Engineering aligned subjects from VETA Registered Institutions OR
- Entry for NTAL5: Applicants must posses a relevant NTAL4 from NACTVET Accredited college at 2.0GPA
- Entry for NTAL6: Applicants must posses a relevant NTAL5 from NACTVET Accredited college at 2.0GPA