- Download 10
- File Size 16.00 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date 15 July 2021: 11:50 am
- Last Updated 29 July 2022: 5:44 pm
The Earth Sciences Institute of Shinyanga (ESIS) invites applications from suitably qualified Tanzanians to be considered for immediate employment to fill the following vacant posts;
Title of the Post: Administrative Officer (1 post)
Duty station: Shinyanga, Tanzania
Terms of Service: Two (2) years contract renewable
The job holder will provide administrative support to an organization by coordinating all matters regarding office administration, procurement, transport, conferencing/meetings, protocol, security and supervision of general staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide cost effective and efficient administrative services including procurement of goods and services
- Supervise the preparation of annual procurement plan
- Manage transport issues including planning, allocation, maintenance, insurance, vehicle registration, controlling and accounting of fuel.
- Ensuring safety of staff and assets of ESIS by ensuring secure working environment
- Provide protocol services to visitors and dignitaries visiting ESIS
- Supervise the management of ESIS registry
- Coordinate logistics for meetings, travel requests and produce relevant reports and minutes
- Follow up of goods and services and generate procurement reports
- Supervise general staff
- Performing any other duties that may be assigned by the college
- She/he must hold/possess a bachelor degree in Business Administration (BBA)/ bachelor degree in Public Administration, international relations or its equivalent from a recognized University.
- She/he must be able to provide strategic and team leadership, create a conducive and empowering work environment which promotes creativity and innovation among staff, coach, mentor and motivate staff, manage diversity, conflict and change, procurement, effectively communicate, have presentation, conceptual, analytical, planning, negotiation, networking, judgment and decision-making skills; should also be computer literate.
Mode of Application
Prospective candidates are invited to submit applications together with copies of their certificates, transcripts, CVs, motivation letters with e-mail address, a reliable postal address and telephone numbers; both mobile and landline, copies of relevant certificates/testimonials/transcripts and email addresses of three (3) referees to the following: -
Earth Sciences Institute of Shinyanga
P O. Box 1016, SHINYANGA.
OR by email to: - [email protected]
Closing Date: 31 July 2021
NB: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.